In common parlance, trademark acts as a communication tool between the manufacturer/trader and the consumer and facilitates proper ordering of a complex market place. Identification of the source of products of similar nature will be a herculean task in the absence of trademarks. Ranging from the conventional word marks, logos, pictures to the unconventional sound and scent marks, any physical manifestation of the creator’s imagination which has a distinctive element can be registered and protected as a trademark.
The nature of the brand used for such purposes is the physical manifestation of the right owners’ imagination. This materialization of the idea in the external sphere creates the premises for the protection of rights accrued in the brand. A right owner may establish ownership either by acquiring legally recognizable rights or by using it in a manner which creates an impression of its ownership amongst the masses. When this right is recognized by the general masses it implicates occupancy and provides the legal premises to demand protection against dilution. Legally identifiable right grants the owner the exclusive prerogative to exploit its rights embodied in the mark, and prevent others from using it in a manner which has the potential of creating a false impression of ownership. Trademark rights can be enforced by invoking infringement actions peculiar to each jurisdiction. Since the rights granted to the owner equips him to bar exploitation of identical or confusingly similar marks, provision for genuine use of the marks is made. Subject to the term prescribed in each jurisdiction, if the mark is not genuinely used consecutively for a certain period of time, the mark becomes vulnerable to cancellation.
Let us work together to protect, maintain and enhance the value of your trademark.
Axiom Mark provides its prestigious clients high-quality, cost-effective, and time-efficient services in relation to acquisition, registration, protection, enforcement and commercial exploitation of their trademark rights in the UAE and anywhere else in the world through our network of offices and highly competent associates. Our trademark team members have vast experience in advising numerous high-profile clients including several Fortune 500 companies and top-notch international law firms. Since its inception in 2008 Axiom Mark has recorded tremendous progress in filing, prosecuting, and maintaining tens of thousands of trademark applications/ registrations in approximately 107 jurisdictions.
Axiom Mark works closely with its clients wherever in the world they seek to acquire, register, protect, enforce, maintain, or to commercially exploit their valuable trademarks, with a special focus on the Middle East (including the GCC) North Africa and South Asia regions. With our long experience and deep understanding of legal and commercial scenarios and mechanisms our experts are able to provide state of the art services and unique yet effective solutions to our valuable clients on multi-jurisdictional level.
Axiom Mark’s main expertise pertaining to trademarks
At Axiom Mark our trademark professionals specialize in:
- Trademark portfolio management
- Advising and assisting throughout the trademark life cycle including creation, screening, clearance, filing, registration, protection, maintenance, enforcement, and commercial exploitation
- Conducting trademark clearance, due diligence and IP audit projects
- Managing the processes and procedures for registration and renewal of trademarks
- Carrying out post-registration recordation such as assignment, merger, license, change of name/ address, etc.
- Effectively responding to office actions
- Managing oppositions, cancellation actions, litigation, and other dispute matters relating to trademarks
- Conducting anti-counterfeiting actions, investigations, policing, seizers
- Negotiating, drafting, examining and reviewing of commercial documents including Assignment, License, Franchise agreements, etc. and clauses relating to IP