From an oil-reliant economy to a leading business hub in the Middle East, Dubai has come a long way over the past three decades. Some of the leading industries in this city are tourism, real estate, aviation and financial services. The sundry free zones accentuate a lot of industries in the emirate.
For companies set up in Dubai, you can choose either a free zone or mainland. The benefits of a free zone are 100% foreign ownership, no tax, and full repatriation of profits and capital. A lot of free zone companies are specific to some specific geographical zones and one can set up mainland companies at any place out of free zones.
Setting up Business in Dubai Free Zone
Here are some of the options to choose for free zones in Dubai –
- Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA) – It is the best zone for aerospace and aviation, telecom, IT, logistics, electronics, and luxury goods at Dubai International Airport.
- Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) – In Jebel Ali, it is located at the west of Dubai. It is the largest free zone in the world, which is best suited for trading and manufacturing companies.
- Dubai Media City (DMC) – It is the best place if you want to set up a media company. It is a hub for advertising companies, news agencies, and broadcasting companies.
- Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) – It houses several multinational companies and financial institutions as an international financial hub. It has a different regulatory body, judicial system, legal framework, and financial exchange.
- Dubai Healthcare City (DHC) – It was set up to meet the increasing demand for UAE healthcare. It has a lot of hospitals, clinics, outpatient healthcare centers and it houses thousands of medical professionals.
- Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) – It is the best choice for tech companies in Dubai and is well located around Dubai International Airport.